Phone: 01383 723337
Dunfermline, Fife, KY12 9TF
It's the final round for KMSC bike - who will win the Championships and be crowned as 2023 Champions? In addition to the thilling solo riders, this event has a very special feature, the largest gathering of Sidecar racers ever seen in Scotland.
Up to 60 Sidecars are expected in this Festival of Sidecars with capacity grids in the Scottish, British F1 and British F2 championship races. The season finale will also see the Jock Taylor Memorial Sidecar Trophy race up for grabs - a fanastic addition to the racing line up.
Come to Knockhill and see the best bike racers in Scotland go head-to-head on track during a weekend-long programme of racing. You’ll see action from super-fast Superbikes, Clubman racers and 600cc racers. We'll also have visiting action from the British F1 Sidecars, FSRA British F2 Sidecars and the prestigious 41st anniversary Jock Taylor Memorial Race will once again take place around the undulating twists and dips of Knockhill.
A super-slick timetable will see the track action come thick-and-fast as up to seven different Championships race on the same day. A grand total of 30 races will be completed over the course of the weekend, make no mistake the action comes thick and fast... you’ll be blown away the first time you see a bike hurtle past at 160mph – never mind a full grid of them racing inches from each other. The admission price offers great value for money, with entertaining races on all day from 10am to 5pm.
• Sidecar Festival – Featuring the Marin Scottish, British F1's and F2's Sidecar Championship - all at the one meeting. They are the most competitive and hard-fought championship in the UK - the Knockhill round will be the finale to their championship seasons. The Jock Taylor Memorial Race winner will secure the prestigeous Jock Taylor Memorial Trophy - named after the late, great Jock Taylor - Scotland’s 1980 Sidecar World Champion.
• KMSC Superbikes and Clubman - sponsored by Shirlaws - Our Scottish/KMSC Superbike competitors will take to the track five times over the course of the weekend, aboard machinery boasting 1000cc and over. Our Clubman competitors will also join these races creating a race within a race.
• KMSC Formula 600 - sponsored by Kirkcaldy Kawasaki - The Scottish and KMSC Motorcycle Formula 600 Championship will see upwards of 30 racers take to the track aboard 600cc (and over) motorcycles. These race machines from the likes of Yamaha, Triumph, Kawasaki and Suzuki provide plenty of close-knit racing with the top finishers in class crossing the finishing line within seconds of each other.
• KMSC Lightweights - sponosred by Autoperfekt - The Lightweight class is actually made up of several different classes – each competing for their own Championships that include – Mini Twin and Formula 400. Due to the differences and variety of bikes on show, there is always some really exciting racing, with passing moves galore throughout the field.
• KMSC Pre-Injection 600 - Like the Formula 600 machines, the Pre-Injection 600s also boast up to 600cc but are generally older spec machines. This class provides plenty of thrilling racing and offers a relatively cheap route into the world of bike racing. This class sees newcomers entering the fold each and every season and often sees its elite competitors progress onto the Clubman, Formula 600 or Superbike categories.
KMSC Formula 300s - sponsored by Motorrad Central - a growing class for younger and new riders on 300cc bikes.
• KMSC CB500 - sponsored by BWR Recycling - This class has went under a transformation in the past few years. Re-introduced a few years back, this class has gone from strength to strength. We now regularly see over-subscribed grids with competitors needing to pre-qaulify just to make the grid. The parity of the bikes performance allows for great, close racing with championship battles regularly goiung down to the wire.
• Molson British F1 Sidecars
FSRA British F2 Sidecars
• 41st anniversary Jock Taylor Memorial Race
• Shirlaws KMSC Superbikes & Clubmans
• Kirkcaldy Kawasaki KMSC Formula 600s
• AutoPerfekt KMSC Lightweights
• KMSC Pre-Injection 600s
• BWR Recycling CB500s
Motorrad Formula 300s
Free lunchbreak grid walk (Sunday only)
Special Sidecar parade and photo opportunities
View downloadable content
Please remember that Knockhill is an outdoor venue and you should dress appropriately for that. There can be changeable weather conditions therefore extra clothing and sensible footwear is advised, with trainer type shoes or walking boots preferred (no leather soles or high heels please).
Being on a hillside, the spectator bankings and some pathways are steep, so please take extra care when moving around the site. As we are a motorsport venue, no dogs are allowed on site apart from Guide Dogs. Additional clothing, hats, gloves and sun cream can be purchased from the Circuit Office should you require. We look forward to seeing you at Knockhill and very much hope you enjoy your visit.
We've a jam-packed season ahead, here are some other events you might be interested in attending.